Re: [IP] please help - losing sites

On  1 Dec 97 at 18:35, email @ redacted wrote:

> Ok - I am disgruntled and disgusted.  I started with steel needles - just
> about every time i bent over to pick something up, I would get pricked,
> within a few hours the bgs were over 200 and I had to change the site.  I was
> changing sites up to 3 times a day.  Now I am using the sofset - and I get a
> little more use - maybe one a day, maybe 2 a day, before I bend over or move
> wrong, sometimes feeling some pain, and sometimes not, and then the bgs go up
> and I have to change again.  Now I tried to excercise today - stationary bike
> and stretching, and not only lost the brand new site, but it REALLY hurt, and
> is bruising up underneath the skin (already changed the site) and it STILL
> REALLY hurts.  I am having trouble believing you can do anything while
> wearing this thing but sit on your butt!!  I have an ample poochy tummy with
> plenty of fat.  More than I want.  Right in front, and so I don't fit the
> "too thin" scenario.  I am about 15 pounds heavier than I want to be, and
> really wanted to get some excercise and keep bgs down.  I am really
> disgusted.  Can anyone help me?  Am I the only crazy one with these
> problems?!!!  AAAAHHHHGGGHHHH!!!!!
>
> Thank you in advance...
> Terri

I have been using the area about 2 inches above my beltline for the
pump.  I started on the side and am now about 2/3 of the way towards
the front with the current site.  I play with my twins (almost 3
years old) and that includes rolling around on the floor with them,
picking them up, having them jump into me etc.  The only time I had a
problem with a site was when one of them kicked me hard straight in
on the site - it would have bruised without the infusion set there.
My bg wasn't affected but I had a bruise there for a few days.  Are
you using something like the MiniMed automatic inserter?  I use one
and haven't had any site problems and I've been pretty active.

Randall Winchester

* misunderstood something.