Re: [IP] Re: co pay on pump & pump supplies

Could this be because of the way it actually got billed (not the way whoever
arranged it started it out billing it)?  B/c "durable medical goods" are often
covered 100% vs.  perscriptions which have co-pays.  I've found that strips
often get covered 100% b/c they are not prescription items.  Funy thing though
is that neither is insulin but that usually does have the co-pay.  My
understanding from someone at Aetna was that they often get confused about
what to call pumps and pump supplies so the co-pay can vary dramatically
(0-20%) depending on how it got classified.  She said they are not too
familiar with this kind of medical condition(???).  I keep wondering if we
ought to tell them to get familiar but I'm worried that if we did they would
find a way to make us pay more.

Ruth