Re: [IP] Re: Complications

In a message dated 97-11-30 23:51:58 EST, Jay wrote:

> My doctor and I talked about going onto ACE inhibitors, but frankly I am
>  very leary of doing it and hence we decided not to.  My endo, who is
>  quite knowledgable, said that there is no evidence for the effectiveness
>  of ACE inhibitors in a preventative mode.  Also, that generally when
>  people go onto them, they generally don't come off.  My choice was 1)  I
>  currently don't have any developing complications and 2) I don't want to
>  be taking any more medications that necessary without cause.
>  Just my $0.00.

I agree wholeheartedly.  Why would you want to take something if you don't
need it?  In spite of what "they" say, there are side effects to all
medications.  Even the almighty Rezulin is now known to possibly cause some
type of liver damage, and they are recommending that everyone who takes it
get liver testing done yearly.