[IP] Re: square-wave bolus

There is yet another way to imitate a square-wave bolus without
having that feature on your pump: split your bolus. I've been
doing this for many years, even with shots. For a meal high in
fat and/or protein, I take part of my bolus before eating and
part of it when I finish the meal. If the meal is extremely high
in fat, or if it's pizza :-), I usually delay the second bolus
even further. I'm one of those weird people who eats one thing
at a time - no sweet potatoes until I've eaten the turkey and
no green beans until I've eaten the sweet potatoes. So sometimes
I bolus before each food. This takes some experimentation to figure
out, but it works well for me.

Joan
email @ redacted