[IP] Verio Test Strip Script, What would you do?

What would you do?
This past January I switched to a MiniMed 670G. Prior to switching to
this pump I had an Rx for OneTouch Verio strips (7/day) covered by my
AETNA medicare insurance. Since January I also switched pharmacies and
my test strip Rx is now for 2.5 strips per day, which does not work with
this pump. For example, this morning I had a bg of 44 and my pump needed
to be calibrated 3 times in a time span of approximately 45 minutes
until my bg was up to 76. As a result, in order to stay within the
allotted 2.5 strips I have been inputting bg values based on what my
sensor is reading and not based on a finger test. For this reason I
would like to get my OneTouch Verio strips back to (7/day). My insurance
will cover this but my doctor tells me he does not have time to deal
with the insurance company because it is what he calls  bInsurance
Harassmentb.
What would you do?