Re: [IP] Re: unhappy with CIQ

You've got to remember that for now in order to get a closed loop system
through the FDA they have needed to set a target above 100 (120 for
Medtronic, 112.5 for Tandem).  As they keep seeing successful systems the
FDA is loosening those reigns a bit but I won't be switching from my DIY
system anytime soon as I prefer to set my targets around 80-90.  If you're
an "average" diabetic fighting to get your A1C to around 7 then these
systems are godsends because they'll get you there with very little work
from you.  If you're one of us on the forums and listservers who frequently
tinkers with their own rates and technology then the commercial systems
just can't keep up with where we are yet.  ControlIQ is a wonderful
advancement for the masses, but improving the rates of 75% of diabetics
means that 25% of us can still do better without it.