[IP] Re: unhappy with CIQ

I may be in the minority, but I dislike CIQ. I9m in a few FB groups that
discuss it, and it seems that if you9re someone who's used to being in
very tight control (my A1C has been under 5.6 for the past 20+ years),
then it9s not an improvement. I9m finding that the pump wants to let me
run too high for my taste.

I loved Basal IQ; it completely eliminated any lows I was having, and
operated in the background with very little attention required. I made the
switch to CIQ in January, thinking it could only improve things, but for
me, it9s made it much worse.

Not only did I have to retest and change all my basals, but now I9m using
more insulin to keep my numbers where I want them, and even then, I9m
having to fight to keep my numbers under 120. I9m using sleep mode9 24/7
in an effort to get tighter ranges. I9ve gained nearly 10 pounds since I
started using it in January, with no changes to my food/activity level.
The only thing that9s changed is my TDD has gone up about 30% with CIQ.

Do lots of research before switching, as once you9ve done it, there is no
way to go back. Yes, you can turn off CIQ but then you also lose the Basal
IQ feature.

I don9t like that CIQ eliminates the temp basal feature, which I liked and
used. It also fixes IOB at 5 hours, and you can9t change that.

For those who are comfortable with their A1C in the 7-ish range, I9m told
people are very happy with handing over most of the work to CIQ.

Best,
Valerie