Re: [IP] what does bad Thyroid results mean?

 If you are hyperT (Graves disease), you will need to be treated with either a
medication or Radioactive iodine. If your eyes are getting anywhere near
bulging, don't wait!!! You will need a scan to see how your thyroid checks out.
I was diagnosed with Graves several years ago, took the iodine right about when
my eyes were going to be beyond help. Scary. I was aching badly, racing heart,
weight loss. In all the years since, I have gone up and down enough that my
medication (Synthroid) has had to be changed quite a lot. This many years later,
finally it seems to have settled down a tiny bit. My dose is now pretty stable.
Every dose change requires about a 7 or 8 week wait to see if things are
stabilizing.
 Not fun waiting. That often means your weight goes up and down. Not too hard to
deal with, but it is necessary to have the tests if needed, then make a choice
on treatment as required.