Re: [IP] A simple pump

Sue - I agree with your assessment of how to manage.   My A1c was
below 6.0 when I started pumping in 2005. I have had Type 1 diabetes
for 65 years, diagnosed when I was 5 years old in 1954.  I have used
an Animas Pump (several) over the years and my A1c is 5.8 to 6.2.   My
Animas VIBE will expire at the end of Oct. 2019 so I will probably get
a Tandem t:slim X2.    I use the Freestyle Libre and do not intend to
use the closed loop system.    I have severe gastro paresis and it
takes careful monitoring to keep things balanced.   Thankfully I'm
able to adjust as needed since I also use my own calculations when I
feel I feel it's prudent.  I have seizures when my basal is changed at
all (up or down) and I will not have the pump make any changes to my
basal.   I'm worried about the new pump change since I know there will
be several adjustments to both basal and bolus set-up but it will
eventually work, hopefully as well as it has been.

Shirley, diagnosed age 5 in 1954, T1D 65 years
Animas Vibe for another 2 months