Re: [IP] A simple pump

My personal opinion/attitude is "Never stop learning"
Know how the pump works, know how the insulin you're using (not you
personally but pumpers in general) metabolizes each hour and the
variables involved.
Know how to figure meal bolus and how meal bolus rates can change. Know
how to calculate insulin on board. Know when to expect to be back on
target after a high blood sugar bolus. Know how to do that stuff manually.

Then when you use all the bells and whistles coming with newer pumps,
the pumper will understand how the pump software arrived at the things
it did. There's a great book that's been mentioned here before. Pumping
Insulin by John Walsh & Ruth Roberts. (Again, not you personally)