[IP] Re: Tandem cartridges

 Ibve been using a tslim pump for about five years now, and have only had maybe
three occlusion alarms during that time, all due to kinked tubing/cannula at the
infusion site.
 At first, I would fill the cartridge with 300 units (Humalog) which lasted
about 7-8 days and changed sites every 3 days.
 At that point I too noticed that as the cartridge volume decreased my bg tended
to rise. I never had that occur with my previous three pumps!
 After a bit of troubleshooting I modified my cartridge filling technique,
reducing the insulin to about 240 units so there is more space in the fill
syringe to remove air from the cartridge.
 Now my bg remains stable as my cartridge volume decreases, which I attribute to
more efficiently removing the air from the bladder inside the cartridge. YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone

<email @ redacted> wrote:
> Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 19:35:14 -0500
> From: Jean Roseman <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V13 #1587
>
> I too am frustrated with the Tandem. My A1c has gone from 5.8 to 6.8 since I
 > bve had it. I use much more insulin. What I think is happening is the
insulin
 > is weakening in the cartridge by the heat from my body and just not
delivering
 > good results. I really need to change the cartridge every three days not
every
> six or seven like I did with the 530. Try dealing with Medicare with that
> situation.
>
> For me it was never a good choice of pumps. Because I am on Medicare, I
> absolutely could not continue with Medtronic. They held up every supply order
> with fabricated reasons mainly that my doctor was not returning faxes. It was
 > totally untrue as I saw her copied responses, sometimes as many as four
separate
 > answers. She said it was happening across her practice with seniors on
Medicare