Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 19:35:14 -0500
From: Jean Roseman <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V13 #1587

 I too am frustrated with the Tandem. My A1c has gone from 5.8 to 6.8 since I
bve had it. I use much more insulin. What I think is happening is the insulin
is weakening in the cartridge by the heat from my body and just not
delivering
good results. I really need to change the cartridge every three days not
every
six or seven like I did with the 530. Try dealing with Medicare with that
situation.

 For me it was never a good choice of pumps. Because I am on Medicare, I
absolutely could not continue with Medtronic. They held up every supply order
with fabricated reasons mainly that my doctor was not returning faxes. It was
totally untrue as I saw her copied responses, sometimes as many as four
separate
answers. She said it was happening across her practice with seniors on
Medicare
with Medtronic. Medtronic just didnbt want Medicare patients .

 Tandem may have a bigger command of the market, but they still have a lot to
work out with their pumps and the help line. I am absolutely not happy with
it.
When I change cartridges, it drops to 240 right off. Within days it is
getting
down to about 100. After 100, the insulin seems to go bad and my blood sugars
just soar. I change delivery sites after three days but the insulin seems
weakened.

I am stuck with this Tandem pump now and really unhappy about it.B