Re: [IP] Medicare and DEXCOM G5 update.

 Patrick, since you'll be paying out of pocket, you might want to consider the
Dexcom G4 instead of G5. The receiver is $600 and lasts me several years. A
transmitter is also $600 and I get 12 or 13 months out of one of those. Sensors
are about $350 for a box of 4, and each one lasts at least a week. Some people
get several weeks from a sensor! My average is around 11 days. I stayed with the
G4 because I have a hefty co-pay with my insurance, and this keeps it
affordable. It's fabulous.

---- Patrick McCabe <email @ redacted> wrote:
> Being type 2 my insurance company does not cover CGM at all. Being a new
> pumper I would feel that the Dexcom system would be beneficial (and my
> doctor recommended it).
> I would be interested in a rough estimate of my monthly cost to pay for it
> myself?
> Thanks
> Patrick
(select your charity = Insulin Pumpers)