Re: [IP] 5 Unit Threshold

Just changed my set. B The pod holds up to 200 units.
I got OVER 12 hrs on my set !

    On Tuesday, August 30, 2016 6:32 PM, Steven Schoch
<schoch6+email @ redacted> wrote:

 I use the Paradigm 551. The following has always worked for me:
I change the reservoir and the infusion set at the same time, because:
1. It's easier;
2. Medtronic and my insurance cover the same number of infusion sets as
reservoirs;
3. It's easy to remember that way; and
4. It's recommended.

My experience has shown that I use about 40 units/day on average. So when I
replace it, I fill the infusion set to about 120 units.

I also change it in the morning, usually after my breakfast bolus. (I eat
about 55g of carbs for breakfast, which is usually my highest carb meal of
the day.)

I have the "low reservoir" alert set for 15 units. That means it alerts me
also at 7.5 units. Since my basal is way low (.6 U/hour) during the night,
if I get the second low reservoir alert during the night, it's no big deal.

Usually on the 3rd day, I still have enough left for the breakfast bolus,
so I change the reservoir after that. However, if it's running on empty, I
will change the reservoir before the breakfast bolus, and fill it to 130
units instead of 120.

By the way, I also change my lancet at the same time.

This has worked for me, with little waste.

--
Steve
(select your charity = Insulin Pumpers)