Re: [IP] High Cost of Insulin

Jerry - to answer your question...YES.  I have noticed this gouging with
other drugs as well, such as medications that help with COPD.  The more the
patient replies on a particular drug for life, the more expensive it is,
more than 3 or 4 times what it can be purchased out of the US.

With no insurance I have been fortunate enough to receive insulin from a
friend.  My husband, who uses medications for COPD, has been fortunate to
have friends in Central America and Europe who can buy and ship his
medications at a fraction of the cost.  It is almost worth it to hop on a
airplane and go get the medications ourselves.

I have no objection to a company recouping its R&D costs.  But past that,
it is gouging.

http://www.medpagetoday.com/Endocrinology/Diabetes/53139?xid=nl_mpt_DHE_2015-08-20&eun=g948793d0r