[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V13 #783

Melody Daniels asked:

>  How far away can the iPhone or
> whatever be from the Dexcom transmitter to receive the info via Bluetooth?
> Approx the same distance as the Dex receiver now (20-40 feet in my world),
> or
> perhaps farther?   Thank you!

The Bluetooth spec says "at least 30 feet", so assuming Dexcom's Bluetooth
implementation follows that, it should be about the same as the current Dex
receivers.

>From http://www.bluetooth.com/Pages/Basics.aspx

"The range of Bluetooth technology is application specific.  The Core
Specification mandates a minimum range of 10 meters or 30 feet, but there
is no set limit and manufacturers can tune their implementations to provide
the range needed to support the use cases for their solutions."

Greg Legowski | email @ redacted | email @ redacted
b"When I rise to power, those people will be sterilized."