[IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V13 #781 Medicare part B

Medicare part B covers 80% of the contracted price for insulin used in a
pump. When I first tried to have my prescription for "insulin used in a
pump" I was told that insulin is a drug and is covered under part D. I
was also told that the pharmacy's computer automatically rejects the
insulin for B and covers it under D. Medicare's booklet states and I
copied this to show them and after arguing for months they(at corporate)
agreed and now is billed under part B . The other 20% is covered by my
secondary insurance plan and therefore I am fully covered. Check with
your secondary insurance and find out what their policy is. This is a
double edged blade so to speak , because Medicare does not cover CGMs my
secondary also will not cover it. If I was still working my secondary
would be my primary and CGMs would be covered.

William Barishman

B >