[IP] Enlite Sensors

 I too find that when the Enlites are off, they are very, very off. I think it
has to do with blood sugars being stable or unstable. If my blood sugar is
rising after a meal or at any time, the number can be as much as 100 off. As to
its accuracy, I am sometimes pleasantly surprised to find it is spot on. Mostly
though it is usually off by a significant amount, and I rely on it only for
trends. I never trust it to input insulin. I always check with my meter.

 .....which brings me to another topic. Yesterday I picked up my three month
supply of One-Touch strips. Based on my tests, my endo had prescribed 9 strips a
day. Medicare changed it to 8. Do the math: 8 X 90 days = 720. I was given 700
strips. I realize they can't go in and open a package, especially now that they
come in packages of 100. But I know that One Touch has in the past done 10 and
25 strip containers. So, the next time my endo runs my strip usage, I will be
using less because I have less and that doesn't account for those times I get an
error and lose the use of a strip.

 Isn't is ironic that there are millions of dollars in Medicare fraud that they
can't keep up with, but they think they can save real money by cutting our use
of strips!

Jean Roseman