Re: [IP] for Cheryl McQ

I'm going to turn 49 Sept 29
Cheryl McQ

In a message dated 8/28/2014 4:59:15 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

Cheryl  McQ - just curious....how old are you now?  When I was in my
thirties,  I am now 61, an endo told me I would be dead by the time I would
be  40.  Of course, I was not in complete control at that time.  But  this
did not say much for his bedside manner and I only saw him a couple  of
time.  Live and learn.  That's what we, long timers, have  done.

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 1:17 PM,  <
email @ redacted>  wrote:

>  Thank you. When I was first diagnosed I was 8 and I  got off the school
> bus and
> the neighbor opened her bedroom  window and told me I was going to die
> soon. Not
> a good start  in the diabetic world. I'm doing much better.
> Cheryl  McQ
>
> Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

12px;color:
> #000;background-color: #fff;">

<tt>As unfortunate as it is to become
> diabetic, if
> one is careful about managing
> the illness they stand a good chance of having a healthy life outliving
> many of
> their non diabetic compatriots.
> Richard
> Sent from my iPad
>
>  > On Aug 27, 2014, at 6:35 PM,
>  <a
> href="mailto:email @ redacted">
> email @ redacted

> wrote:
> >
> > Signe, your comments to our Endo are priceless. I guess maybe diabetes
> did
> > check with me somehow - my personality and traits make it somewhat easy
> > deal with D. I'm anal-retentive, detail oriented, organized, overly
> > self-disciplined (raised in a ballet studio) and stubborn. Of course
> those
> > same traits make it difficult for me to deal with many of the healthcare
> > providers out there who diss us and think we can't do a good job.B  Oh
> > well....

<tt>Cheryl -

> > B You had every right to have had a terrible attitude towards your Type
> > diabetes, following your parents' separation!
> >
> > B I once said to my endo "The trouble with Type I diabetes is that,
> before it
> > B strikes, it doesn't check to see if its intended victim will have the
> > emotional,
> > intellectual and financial resources necessary to manage it!" She
> thoroughly
> > agreed!
> >
> > Signe
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone