[IPn] thoughts from across the water

A member from the UK wrote me yesterday and I'd like to share her
thoughts with you.

<quote>
Michael,

I have just switched on the computer to read emails while I sip my
breakfast mug of coffee, and read this.

It hit me strongly!  I may be retired.  I may be disabled.  I may be
on a limited income.  I budget and recycle and "upcyle" and "make do
and mend" or whatever the latest terminology is for being careful and

reusing and not wasting anything whenever possible.  According to
some folks lights I'm hardly a mover and shaker. I'd agree with them
but I do what I can where I am and with what I have.  It's the best I
can do.

But I am fortunate in having a roof over my head, coffee beans to
grind for my morning brew, test strips to check my bgs.  I have a
pump, insulin in the fridge, sets and reservoirs to help me manage
living with diabetes, and I have the good hearted folks on insulin-
pumpers who share their experience and knowledge with me.

Then I read your post.  I don't know what opens the purses and hearts
of some people unless it is something that hits close to home either
to themselves or someone they know and care for.

I don't know the people you are helping, but can envisage only too
clearly how I would feel in their situation.  Maybe in our busyness
with our own lives if we could a few minutes out, say for as long as
it takes to drink a cup of tea or coffee or whatever is your
preferred brew, and imagine how we would feel if we had none of the
above to help us manage our diabetes.  Who would we approach for
help? How would we feel if they refused or just didn't have the
resources to help us.

More power to your elbow, Michael, and hopefully more donations from
my fellow pumpers.  I'm making an extra donation - however inadequate
- so at least today you will have a small contribution towards the
cost of meeting the needs of so many  folks like me, doing the daily
battle with this horrible disease of diabetes.
</quote>

You can help too with a donation large or small. A very generous
member from Washington DC has provided a $200.00 challenge to double
the value of your contribution and make it a little bigger!
Click ON:

	http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate/
or

or mail your contribution to:

	Insulin Pumpers
	558 Valley Way
	Milpitas, CA 95035

Yesterday we raised $120 and matched+ the California challenge.

Thanks so much!

Best regards,
Michael Robinton
Executive Director