[IP] Abbott discontinues Navigator at US

Updated Important NoteFreeStyle Navigator. Continuous Glucose Monitoring
System U.S. Customers

http://www.abbottdiabetescare.com/adc_dotcom/url/content/en_US/general_conten
t/General_Content_0000422.html

*Dear Patients:*

As you may be aware, Abbott Diabetes Care has been experiencing a supply
interruption in the United States with the FreeStyle Navigator. Continuous
Glucose Monitoring System. This interruption has affected our ability to
provide U.S. patients with new system kits or warranty replacement
components.

We are committed to producing high quality, safe and effective products and
to providing the best possible customer service. When we bring a product to
market, it is our responsibility to consistently provide the product to
customers. In the U.S. we have not been able to consistently supply the
Freestyle Navigator System to patients.

As a result, Abbott is permanently discontinuing the FreeStyle Navigator
System in the U.S. We understand this decision may affect how some patients
manage their blood glucose and we have several options available to help
FreeStyle Navigator System patients in the U.S. transition to alternative
glucose monitoring technologies.

The discontinuation of the FreeStyle Navigator System in the U.S. is
*not*for safety reasons. The System is safe and effective and
continues to be
available to patients in seven other markets outside the U.S. No other
Abbott Diabetes Care or FreeStyle products are affected by this
discontinuation.

The discontinuation of the FreeStyle Navigator System in the U.S. will be
conducted in an orderly manner and Abbott will provide U.S. customers with
options available through March 2012 that can help with the transition to
alternative products. Customers who wish to learn about the available
options should contact Abbott Diabetes Care customer service at 1-
800-221-7700 for assistance.

We know FreeStyle Navigator System customers in the U.S. have lived with
some uncertainty and frustration. We are grateful for the commitment
patients and providers have devoted to the FreeStyle Navigator System over
the years, and we are sorry that we have been unable to consistently meet
their needs.

ADC remains committed to glucose monitoring and to developing other highly
innovative glucose monitoring products based on the sensing technology that
is at the heart of the FreeStyle Navigator System.

--
Sent from my black-iRefrigerator