Re: [IP] Expired Insulin

Yes, Kathy, I've used expired insulin with no concerns if it has been
refrigerated the entire time.  If I were to try used insulin that had
not been refrigerated, I'd look at the contents very carefully.  If it
is not as clear as water, I wouldn't use it.  As noted by others, that
time out of the refrigerator will almost certainly weaken it, so I'd
expect to use more.

As Candace noted, 10 boxes is a significant investment.  I likely would
try them if they were mine, but then again, I might just toss them.
Please note that neither Candace nor I are giving you a recommendation.
We're only saying what we'd personally do.  It's a risk either way.

Candace Hackney wrote:
> Personally,
 > I have used expired insulin and 10 boxes is a lot to toss. Personally, I
would
> try it and see, it will not hurt you.  It depends on how hot the conditions
> were also and it msy not work as well as it should.

The insulin is Humalog.

> Kathy

[demime found a multipart/alternative section which it tried
 to parse but could not find any section which it could render. Please send
plain text.]