Re: [IP] Expired Insulin

----- Original Message ----
> From: "email @ redacted" <email @ redacted>
> Has anyone
> ever used expired insulin without any  problems? The insulin is  Humalog.

I did something similar several years ago but the insulin I found was in my
fridge, not a closet.  It had also just recently expired.  I used all 9 vials
and it took awhile so by the time the last vial was opened it was about a year
past the expiration date.  Once or twice I had opened a new, unexpired vial to
 test whether my higher BGs were due to the insulin (they weren't). I definitely
would not use it if it was left at room temperature the whole time.

 --
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987