RE: [IP] Ophthalmologist vs retinologist??????????

Yes exactly, Mark explains it very well.

 I too have seen an Ophthalmologist (several different one's) every year and had
my eye's dilated, both for my occupation and for my diabetes.

 Even when I was suspicious that something was wrong my ophthalmologist thought
everything was fine, but said I should see a Retinologist to get a baseline
retina photo's done.

 Well my Photo's lit up like crazy....and I was in need of immediate laser
treatment...However even that treatment did not prevent the vitreous hemorrhage
a couple of months later....

IF I HAD KNOWN TO DO SO I WOULD HAVE BEEN GOING TO THE RETINOLOGIST all along!

 So this is why I keep bring up the subject so that others know to go! If they
can! I know some of us do not have insurance :(
 Get those contrast photo's done. The earlier you catch the abnormal blood
vessel growth the better!

 The statistic's are Some degree of diabetic retinopathy usually becomes evident
after 10 years
100% in people who have diabetes mellitus for more than 30 years...

Judy