Re: [IP] Throwing out test meters? (longish)

At 04:24 PM 8/31/2009, suzanne watts wrote:
>  What if you have an expensive meter that can't be bought at a
> store? Like the
>One Touch that works with a Minimed pump or the One Touch Ping that works
>wirelessly with the Animas pump? I for one am not going to pay the hundreds of
>dollars out of pocket to replace the meter when it gets to be older
>than a year
>or two! Nor will I just start using a different meter that won't communicate
>with my pump....just a thought....

Sounds to me like propaganda put out there perhaps by meter companies
to get people to buy new meters when they really don't need them.  I
have old meters and I have new ones, and they all check within a few
points of each other.  Sounds like nonsense to me.  Guess I should
also replace my computer (not because the hardware is getting out of
date, but because it's getting old and not work so good?), my stereo
which is also electronics, my TV which is also electronics, oh and my
car, which is a 2006 and has a computer in it and guess those
electronics are getting old too.  NOT!