Re: [IP] obsession, my name is diabetes

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anngela" <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2009 9:46:45 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [IP] obsession, my name is diabetes

 I think the thing is as we get older we start to care what damage we do and try
to avoid
it. In our younger years we are indestructible and think we will live forever
(even if they did tell us we would die before we hit the age of 40)

 Yep, Anngela that's the way I felt for sure. I went many years with just taking
my insulin, eating what I shouldn't and not testing. By rights I should not even
be alive after 45 years of being diabetic. I feel so thankful that I do not have
the wicked complications that I should have from the lack of good control. I had
my first daughter in 1974 and she weighed 7 1/2 lbs. My second was born in 1978
weighing 10 lb 2 1/2 oz. I remember making the trip every week for my blood
sugar test. No home testing then. Technology has come sooo far in my lifetime.

Liz from Michigan