From: Annabella Lewis <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2009 3:38:52 PM
Subject: Re: [IP] Very discouraged

Will YOU become a sustaining donor and give $10 per month to
help support Insulin Pumpers?  Visit:

Your contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail

Andy wrote:

> I got the MM pump because of the integrated CGMS - a mix up at Kaiser forced
me
> to use Dexcom (I had been paying out of pocket for Dexcom when I was on MDI)
but
> they stared to cover me and shipped me a new unit prior to starting the pump.
> When I got the pump they told me I could not have the MM sensors because they
> already paid for the Dexcom. Initially I was upset because I did not want to
> have 2 things strapped to me - but I've been rather happy with the way the
new
> Dexcom performs and their customer service is great. Maybe it was a blessing
in
> disguise that I did not get the MM CGMS.

Which Kaiser are you talking about? Kaiser northwest will not cover any CGM
equipment,
no exceptions or special cases allowed. Just curious.

Annabella