[IP] obsession, my name is diabetes

want to know what the "oldtimers" think. Back in the late 1950's, when
there was nothing available, such as today (no b/g meters, few docs who knew
what to do) we did fine. I went through a successful pregnancy in the mid
70's,  with only Keto-Diastix ("don't spill ketones" was my endos call). Did
real well,  never had a problem and had a 7 lb. 10 oz. son that was fine.
Now, with the Ultra tester and lots of strips available, I test all the
time. Maybe 10x daily; sometimes because i don't feel right and don't know
high  or low? or just cause I do, and have control of my numbers, because of
the  pump.
Is it that i'm just older and more aware, or obsessive? I haven't stopped
doing anything i did decades ago, just more aware? Anyone feel this way?
(Maybe  low b/gs have made me totally NUTS!)
The Dinosaur lady,
email @ redacted (mailto:email @ redacted)
52+yrs. insulin dependent, 9 yrs. on pump