Re: [IP] Re: New Thyroid question

--- "email @ redacted" <email @ redacted>
> My blood work at the endo last week showed the same
> thing. Last year I had a
> TSH of .03 but the next one was normal. When this
> one was low again she
> referred me to the nuclear medicine department at
> the hospital for a nuclear
> thyroid scan. I will have that done next week. I do
> have several of the
> symptoms of hyperthyroid, but it could just be one
> of those things where they
> are general things and just happen to fit the list.
> I know that hypothyroid is
> common with diabetes, but is hyperthyroid just as
> common?

I was diagnosed hypo about 8 years ago.  Back in
April, my CDE ordered a bunch of tests and my TSH came
back at 10+.  She gave me another lab form to redo the
tests and the second one (maybe 2-3 weeks after the
first) came back at 6+.  She upped my medication from
100mcg to 112mcg.  I just saw her again on Monday and
had blood drawn the week before.  This time my TSH
came back as 0.23, way on the other end of the
spectrum.  I have no symptoms of being hyperthyroid.
My CDE talked to the endo about it and they left my
medication at the current dose of 112mcg and I'll have
the tests run again in November.

I think being hypo is much more common than being
hyper for diabetics.

Type 1 dx 4/1987
Minimed 715 5/2005

Got a little couch potato?