RE: [IP] what's up with minimed?-Customer Service Scripts..

Maddy, believe it or not, MM does have their own
people at desks 24/7 in the same location.  They do
not use outside services of any sort.  Yes, I agree,
that's a good thing.  Also, the helpline offers
technical assistance, which in some cases can involve
a myriad of problems or can be highly complex.  Thus,
it would take more than a "script" to directly address
an issue.  I was told that their new people require
three months of training to talk on the phones.  If
all they did was read from a script, they would
probably pull people off the street.

That said, they should have called the National Guard
months ago to prevent customers from hanging on the
phone for inordinate periods of time.