From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Laurie Davis
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2003 1:37 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Re: Frequency of High BG/ BG ranges

When you're at a doctor other than your endo and they say what is your
blood sugar range?  Or better yet what is your blood sugar like you only
have one
reading!  What do you say?   The assistant at our ophthalmologist asked
my
daughter that and she said it ranges from 50 - 250.  The assistant
looked at me and said, then she isn't well controlled is she?  I had
this experience too at my other eye doctor and then that woman proceeded
to tell me in a very patronizing tone about the dangers of high blood
sugar and it's impact on your vision.  I tried to patiently explain the
challenges of keeping blood sugar in a tight range but sometimes I would
rather not go into it with people who don't know what it's like to do
this balancing act 24/7/365. I suggested to my daughter that she says my
blood sugars average XX and leave it at that.

Laurie
Age 45, Type 1 dx 09/19/1973, pumping 4 years
and daughter Melinda, Type 1 - age 19 dx 11/04/2002, MDI