[IP] Re: Frequency of High BG/ BG ranges

When you're at a doctor other than your endo and they say what is your blood
sugar range?  Or better yet what is your blood sugar like you only have one
reading!  What do you say?   The assistant at our ophthalmologist asked my
daughter that and she said it ranges from 50 - 250.  The assistant looked at
me and said, then she isn't well controlled is she?  I had this experience
too at my other eye doctor and then that woman proceeded to tell me in a
very patronizing tone about the dangers of high blood sugar and it's impact
on your vision.  I tried to patiently explain the challenges of keeping
blood sugar in a tight range but sometimes I would rather not go into it
with people who don't know what it's like to do this balancing act 24/7/365.
I suggested to my daughter that she says my blood sugars average XX and
leave it at that.

Age 45, Type 1 dx 09/19/1973, pumping 4 years
and daughter Melinda, Type 1 - age 19 dx 11/04/2002, MDI