Re: [IP] calorie counting for bolus ratios

Ellen wrote:

<<<Dr. Guthrie in Kansas has his patients take insulin based on calories
consumed rather than carbohydrates consumed.  How many other doctors out
there  suggest this? Does anyone on this list have good experience using
calories
rather than carbs to adjust insulin dose?>>>

I once read a book "PERMANENT DIABETES CONTROL" that also had this approach
of dosing insulin by calories, when I contacted the author, he gave me some
references to this advice, of course I haven't saved them, and by no way can
I remember them, if it is important to you, try to email him directly.  The
website is http://www.mydiabetescontrol.com/

Rabbi Hirsch Meisels
Jewish Friends With Diabetes
www.FriendsWithDiabetes.org