Re: [IP] Insurance and Batteries

my insurance doesn't cover my Batteries.  =-(  I'm just glad that I have my
pump!

David

    George Lovelace wrote:

      On 25 Aug 2003 at 9:34, email @ redacted <email @ redacted>
wrote:

        I am wondering if anyone's insurance company pays for their
batteries?
         I am
         confused as to why my insurance company doesn't see them as
         DME(Durable Medical
        Equipment). I cannot use my pump without batteries.
        Andy Johnson

      Back when I was on the H-trons which do require a "special battery
pack", they
      were
       covered by insurance. But when you go with a pump like the Animas,
where the
      battteries
       can be bought "over the counter", the insurance will refuse to pay as
the
      batteries could be
      used for other purposes (yeah, like were all 'time bomb' makers or
something)
      ;>)

      I now buy my 357's at http://www.sr44.com where you get fresh
Everreadys for
    50
      cents
       a piece in the 25 pack. Those batteries lasted about 14 weeks in my
pump.
      GOOD!!!

      George    :>)