[IP] Re: Humalog vs. Novalog

>>>I will start pumping on 9/8 - have been using Lantus/Novalog pretty
 successfully for my therapy since being diagnosed three months ago. The
plan is
for me to use Novalog in my pump as well.

Lately, however, I have been noticing some issues with my meal coverage, and
I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar issues with Novalog.  <snip>
I'm wondering if I would have any different results with Humalog?  >>>

You may very well be right in wondering about diffs with H. However, there
is also a possibility you are in a honeymoon stage. Oh, are you Type 1 or
Type 2? I'm *pre*suming (don't wanna make a prees out of you and me) you are
Type 1 since your dx was 3 mos. ago and on insulin already. But, your body
has a lot of *settling in* to do and you may find you'll be needing a lot of
adjustments in the many upcoming months/years. Even long-timers need to
readjust every once in awhile. Also, consider hormonal changes a week or so
each month. That can skew the insulin requirements as well.

I used to bolus my Velosulin 15-20 minutes before a meal, but the
instructions were to not do that with Humalog. Haven't heard about Novolog
which may be the same. Anyway, since they are rapid-acting insulins you may
*not* need that lead time. Why not try injecting the N *just before/as* you
put the food in your mouth and see if that reduces the crashes. YMMV! (check
with your medical team)

I want to die like my grandfather who went peacefully in his sleep. Not
screaming like all the passengers in his car. --Author Unknown