Re: [IP] calorie counting for bolus ratios

> Dr. Guthrie in Kansas has his patients take insulin based on
> calories consumed rather than carbohydrates consumed.  How many
> other doctors out there
>  suggest this? Does anyone on this list have good experience using
>  calories
> rather
> than carbs to adjust insulin dose?

Many calories come from fat and protein, which for the most part do
not require insulin to metabolize (protein needs a little). Using
this method would result in many lows for high fat content food (in
my humble opinion -- non-medical, diabetes dad, etc...).

Michael