Re: [IP] Light Drinking Tied To Mortality Drop... (UP TO 65%)

I have to ask the same thing.  What the results of the study show is that it
isn't the alcohol (alone) that causes any benefits.  If anything, it appears
that it could be the grapes themselves that wine comes from, since other
alcohol forms (beer, etc) offered no benefit.

 So, it COULD be the alcohol in combination with something in the grapes...or it
could have NOTHING to do with wine at all, but just the fact that wine is made
from grapes.  I mean, it would seem grape juice might offer the same benefit.
I would like to see a study that compares red wine, white wine, red grape
juice, white grape juice, red grapes, and white grapes.

Since I don't touch alcohol (except in my Listerine ;-), it isn't worth any
health benefit for me to start drinking red wine.  It would be nice to know if
the same thing could be accomplished with grape juice, etc.