[IP] Light Drinking Tied To Mortality Drop... (UP TO 65%)

Rick Stockton said, in part:

>>> The study didn't collect data on red vs. white. (I'll drink either
color, as long as they taste YUMMY! Although other, smaller studies
suggest that red is better.) I've no idea what might cause the huge
difference between Beer and Wine. <<<

While studies have shown the benefits of drinking alcohol in moderation, red
wine has been shown to offer the greatest benefit.  Resveratrol, one of the
most important of the magic ingredients, is found in the skins of grapes.
In the cooler growing areas, reveratrol is produced in larger amounts.
White wine, since the skins are removed immediately after the grapes are
crushed, does not offer the benefit of resveratrol.  It is interesting, and
important to note, that if one drinks beyond moderation all of the benefits
are lost.

John Kinsley
Type 1 - 1956
MiniMed 507 - 1998