[IP] Re: Fund Raiser

        I almost never carry water for groups.  And, I am certain Michael
does not need my assistance, as he seems to work very hard at raising
funds for the Insulin Pumpers's web-site.  I am equally certain that
funds raised are used for staff parties, with the balance just wasted.
        I got to thinking that I must read 10 - 20 "profiles" of new
members every week, and I was wondering whether it would be appropriate
to ask new members to make contributions when they have just joined this
list in order to obtain information on insulin pumps . . . "just joined"
maybe over the last year.  They would not know whether this would be a
valuable site or just a waste of some personal information.
           However, don't we all go to a movie without knowing whether it
is something worthwhile or just a waste of time.  How about a
contribution of the amount of a movie ticket?  It is no more of a risk
than going to a movie.  If they find the site even somewhat useful, they
are able to continue drawing from the well of information available and
can be comfortable knowing they have helped maintain the site.
        I do not mean by the foregoing to exclude contributions from
longer-time members, but they are who they are - either just taking . . .
or helping to the extent able (financially, with pertinent information,
or both).