From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of Barbara A.
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2003 7:09 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: RE: [IP] Re: Feeling insulin being delivered into site

Yes, you could be close to a nerve ending. It is,
unfortunately, a bit more difficult to identify where those
are located. It might be easy to locate these on yourself,
but more difficult for a child if someone else is doing the
insertion. One trick to use prior to site insertions is to
use an insulin syringe needle to locate these by pressing
the needle tip on the skin. (Don't pierce the skin!) If the
area hurts with a slight pressure of the needle end, then it
will also hurt if you use that spot to insert an infusion

I had one of those when experimenting with a needle set. I
don't use a pump, but have "played" with it.

Barbara A. Bradley, MS, RN, CDE