Re: [IP] laugh away- humalog action times?

I'm a bit new too ... but you can see the Humalog action times at
http://www.humalog.com  -- Lilly has a nice graph.

What I do, is this...

If I eat a meal, and two hours after, am over 150, I correct by HALF.
I use 1 unit of insulin to correct 50 points of blood sugar, so if I am
at 150, I will give .5 units of insulin.

If I were to check 1 hour later, and was still over 150, I would give
.2 units of insulin (halfing it again).

This is a simplified form of the "unused insulin rule" -- do a web
search -- that my pump trainer has given me.

However, if I wake up and check my blood sugar and it was at 150, I
would correct with the full insulin.

--- Not only YMMV (Your Milage May Vary), but I only check and correct
2 hours apart, not one.