Re: [IP] Problems with 504 plan

> We have been contacted today in the afternoon, by the school nurse
> who wants to change my son's Health Plan (to alter a physician's
> signed order).  In particular she does not want us (parents) to be
> called with high readings so that we can tell what correction dose
> to use.  She wants our physician to set and adjust insulin ratios.
> It is not a workable proposal and we will be fighting her on this.
> I was wondering if anyone else had similar problem and what are the
> best arguments/defences we could use?

If you have a 504 plan, simply tell them that they must adhere to it
or you will file a complaint with the feds. But first, contact the
school superintendents office and explain your position. If that does
not work, call the state board of education and ask to speak to
someone about 504 plans and problems getting your district to comply.
I would imagine that things will fall from the sky like a ton of
bricks after those calls :-)