[IP] Re: Clog? - Long

> Checked at 11, was 225, bolused 3
> Checked at 12, was 222, bolused 3
> Checked at 1, was 195, bolused 3
> At 1:44, checked, was 175, ate lunch, 22 grams carbs (a lunchable with
> crackers meat and cheese), bolused 5 (figured there was something wrong,
> wanted to make sure I took enough)

That's all I left of the post - in less than 3 hours you bolused 14 units. I
don't know what your ratio is, but thats a lot of insulin waiting to work.
All that was stacked on top of the other. Humalog/Novolog lasts approx. 5
hrs. in the system, and it hadn't had a chance to work yet. The unused
insulin was bombarded with more, then more, etc. I know you said you don't
like to be that high that long, but you are making worse problems for
yourself by doing this. When I'm over 500 I take about 8 hours before I see
a more normal level. I'd be happy with a 175 at that point. I also test
every 45 min - 1 hr to see the trend fall. If I see it rising, which you
weren't, I *conservatively* bolus or inject a little more. Please be careful
bringing yourself down too fast - well, you already know what can happen and
it could have been much worse.

I don't mind suffering in silence, just as long as everyone knows about it ~
Shoe (cartoon)