[IP] Re: Gastroparesis and Pump - Fran?

> The endo says not to use Regular in the pump.  So
> I've been injecting tiny meal boluses, which works fine if I can see the
> darn measurement - you know 1/2 unit or less.

WHY not use Regular in the pump????? Velosulin was the *choice* insulin that
we used until Humalog came out ('95?). I used V from '83-'98 in my pumps. We
all (mostly) survived and if it works better for *you* what's his hangup
with it???? Actually, Velosulin and Novolog are the only two insulins FDA
approved for pumps. It's impossible to measure 0.1u of any insulin to
inject - that's why we have pumps. Well, one reason. ;-)

Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns; he should be drawn and
quoted." - Fred Allen