[IP] Berstein. Gastroparesis and Pump - Fran?

I want to try Dr. Richard Berstein's low-carb diet or maybe something
Atkinesque to lower my blood sugars.  My gastro-paresis comes and goes and I
usually don't have to take Domperidone for it [which I get from England or
Canada since Propulsid's been off the market].

My problem is the Humalog insulin acts too rapidly and I go low beforet my
low carb food  kicks in.  The endo says not to use Regular in the pump.  So
I've been injecting tiny meal boluses, which works fine if I can see the
darn measurement - you know 1/2 unit or less.

Exercise can be an issue too-  I was 100 when I got to the gym, so I popped
3 glucose tabs and did a few weights - when I checked before I got on the
bike, 35 minutes later I started feeling low - I was 109, waited 15 minutes,
same reading - I left.  An hour later I was 180.

I thought after nearly 40 years I'd have this disease down pat. No dice.
I've taken to chewing gum, doing yoga abdomen pumping after meals, digestive
enzymes, high fiber - low fiber. Any thoughts?
Oh and I'm allergic to Reglan.

Clueless in Arkansas,

Dianne De Mink, Type I for nearly 40 years, is working on a book about diet
and nutrition.