[IP] re: Stress and death etc.

 --- On Tue 08/26, Lori A. Willey < email @ redacted > wrote:

 From: Lori A. Willey [mailto: email @ redacted]To:
email @ redacted: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:34:02 -0400Subject: [IP] re:
Stress and death etc.
 I am answering on my own behalf, as my dearest stepfather just passed awaythis
Saturday night of lung cancer, very peacefully thank goodness, but hewas
suffering awful. anyway, Stress. Wow. I had problems with lows, onlybecause I
cried so much that I guess I was exercising in a way (??). don'task, I am odd,
but anyway, had to use my temp basals for quite a bit. Thenwe have been at my
mom's cleaning the house for her for all the company andfood and all that, and
of curse that too lowered the old bg, so I have savedabout a cartridge full of
insulin in the past 3 days. Hell of a way to doit.Reisa, I wish you the best,
and just remember, you have to take care ofyourself, also.Lori
 Lori, I am so sorry for your loss as well. I wrote Reisa privately and told her
that I experienced the same thing when my Mother died last May 2002. And it was
probably for the same reason. It's been theorized the long term emotional stress
of this kind functions differently than any other type of stress. They haven't
figured out why but a good majority of people who have experienced this
mentioned that their bg's numbers have gone down long term. Lori, take care of
yourself as well. Liz daughter of Betti 1926-2002

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com