Re: [IP] RE: Paradigm Upgrade

>The buttons on the 512 are different than on the 511.  I had a demo of
>it in my home today, and the 512 are more raised up, rounded and have a
>more rubbery feel, easier to keep your finger on than on the 511.

That is a cosmetic change, basically changing the case, without affecting the

>The 512 does give doses in .05 increments.

That isn't a mechanical change either.  The 511 was capable of delivering .05
 increments, but wasn't programmed to do so. If you follow back the development
of the Paradigm, you'll find that MM was hoping to have a U-200 insulin
available.  That didn't come to be.  But, in order to handle U-200, the pump
was capable of dosing to the equivilent of .05 units of U-100 insulin.  Now,
 why in the world they decided NOT to allow .05 increments despite the lack of
200 insulin, I have no idea.  But, it is NOT a mechanical difference in the
pumps...just a software change.