[IP] Allergies and insulin needs

Hi everybody, does anyone know if allergies can have any affect at all on
the amount of insulin a person needs. Six weeks ago I needed to increase my
basal rate by about 66% and also make changes in my insulin/carb ratio, but
there seemed to be no obvious reason for any of this. Nothing in my life had
changed as far as exercise, stress, general health, etc. except that, at the
time this started, my allergies (hay fever) started to become much worse.
Maybe it's nothing more than a coincidence that these two things happened at
the same time, but I thought I would at least ask.