[IP] New one for us

Karen just had a vitrectomy done in her right eye and she asked me to post a
question the group.  The doctor found a "hole" in her retina and secured it
 with some lazer so that it would heal closed. He told us that it may be due to
the repeated hemorages she has experienced along with the healing of the
 earlier lazer treatments he has performed. The lazer has done it's job and the
retinopathy is in check.  Very good news.

The tough news was how she needs to behave so that the "hole" heals properly.
 He injected air into the eye instead of fluid to replace the vitrious gel.
She will have to keep her head and eyes (pupils) to the floor for the next
month so that the gas bubble keeps the right pressure on her retina and the
 "hole" heals closed. Karen has asked me to post the question - Has anyone else
been through this and are there any pointers to help in keeping the pupils
 towards the floor in everyday life? Even sleeping looks like it will difficult
 because she has never slept on her stomach and now needs to. Any tricks learned
or special equipment that may help would be very helpful.

Thanks to all,