[IP] Re: New Insulin in New Reservoirs

First, I would like to thank Barbara for being the advocate for updated
information. It is nice to know that others also do not settle for
information just because "we have always done it that way." Although I have
no references, I will surely be looking now. I have read or heard somewhere
that the newer Insulin Analogs do not pose the same issue in tubing as the
older Regular Insulin. AND I have been prefilling syringes (prior to
pumping) since Humalog became available (~1995); I have ALSO been prefilling
reservoirs for the past 3 years. Disetronic also used to provide pre-filled
reservoirs. I have not seen one crystal. This may be only one case study but
I am sure I am not alone. I will be on the lookout for references.

Sherri Caddy, RD, CDE